WIth all the morning sickness symptoms, more than ever I realized early on in my pregnancy that I wanted to make sure I continued to feel and look good (while now I realize I’ve had days that people are lucky that I show up and show my face). Beauty products for pregnant woman can be tricky, I’ve pretty much stuck to the norm but have grown to appreciate some more than anything.
I know what you’re thinking, “You only have 5?”. Nope, I have more than 5 but I put my TOP 5 products together that I use the most. If you’re anything like me and you are pregnant or have been pregnant: your skin changes. That can be for the good or the bad. Before I even got pregnant I was ‘diagnosed’, for lack of another way to say it, with contact dermatitis. We can’t seem to figure out what I’m allergic to but it’s something I come in to contact with. Needless to say, I have to super careful with the products that I use but that hasn’t stopped me from trying things.
HERE WE GO! My “Top 5, I better not run out of these beauty products, I’ll drive over an hour to repurchase, must have beauty products during Pregnancy”
5. CLINIQUE ‘moisture surge’ tinted moisturizer SPF 15: Besides the fact that this tinted moisturizer comes in a cute little bottle it has a lot more going for it. Since it isn’t a huge bottle, I can stick it in a small purse to take it with me for the day if I wanted. During pregnancy I have found that my face needs more moisture so I’ve specifically focused more on taking care of my skin and not covering it up. I find that this moisture surge does just that and I’m always a big fan of ‘fragrance free’ because that’s why my skin personally seems to enjoy the most.
4. FOCUS ON LIPS exfoliate and renew pen: This next product was one of my great finds when I lived out in Boston. I found it at a local drug store, CVS. This product is not located with the regular makeup but more in the aisle of skin care, near all of the lotions. If my memory serves me correct, this pen is part of a 3 or 4 step system to getting healthy lips. Throughout my pregnancy thus far I have experience very dry, chapped lips. Besides using a lip balm or chap stick, I also use this pen to exfoliate. The top of this ‘pen’ has bristles on it. To get the product to the top of the pen, you just twist the pen once or twice and a small bit will come out of the top. Then, you lightly scrub across your lips. This gets rid of all of the dead skin on your lips and you just wipe the excess away. I’m in love with this product. Any lip exfoliator would be good but this product is between $8 and $10 so it’s hard to beat that price
3. GOT 2B DRY SHAMPOO rockin’ it 4 ever style stay: I’m a big fan of any dry shampoo but this one seems to get the job done for me. At this point in the game, I’d rather catch a few extra ZZZZ’s than wash my hair, plus it isn’t great to wash your hair every day anyway. I use this miracle hair worker to make my hair look just as good as it did the day before. The other thing I love about Got 2B Dry Shampoo….. it’s less than $8. How much happiness can a dry shampoo bring to my life?…… for a good price and more sleep, quite a bit these days.
2. CLINIQUE AIRBRUSH CONCEALER: Clearly I have an obsession with pen-like makeup and beauty products. Not only is this another product I can put in my purse or even my pocket but it gets the job done like no other. The combination of getting older, dare I saw the “W” word-wrinkles, being pregnant and the soon mommy-hood I think I’ve found a real life long friend. This concealer hits the table at $19.50 but DO NOT let the price discourage you. I’ve had this for over 6 months and it’s still going strong. A lot goes a long way, just give the pen a click or two and apply the brush right around your eyes or wherever you are looking to conceal. I love this Clinique Concealer and thanks to it I look fresh almost right out of bed.
1. CLINIQUE TRUE BRONZE pressed powder bronzer: This bronzer is truly the best I have found. It lasts for a VERY long time and no matter what foundation I have used (although I typically just use the tinted moisturizer listed above) it never disappoints. It always gives me that, “I’m awake and I’m totally put together” look even though it takes me about 10 seconds, if that, to complete this bronzer regimen. I use the appropriately named ‘sun-kissed’ shade. Coming in at $25, I say its way worth the money and if I’ve misplaced this, let’s just say it’s not a good day!
What products have you found work best for you? Anyone have a line of products that they swear by? I’d love to hear about it!